Goldring E3 Cartridge
Goldring E3 Cartridge featuring Magnetic Duplex Technology and Goldring Expert Adjustment.
Goldring’s philosophy is to promote the accurate reproduction of the original recording, maintaining the creative nuances, musicality and rhythm the artist intended you to hear.
Goldring E Series cartridges are designed to capture this experience when used with all medium to high mass tonearms found on the majority of budget to medium priced turntables. This is achieved through the use of Goldring Magnetic Duplex Technology and Goldring Expert Adjustment.
The Goldring E3 cartridge, the top in the range, utilises an aluminium cantilever with a bonded, super-elliptical stylus. The aluminium cantilever is both stiff and lightweight allowing the stylus to more accurately trace medium to high frequencies with more detail and reduced distortion and mis-tracking during loud passages.
- Frequency response : 20Hz – 20kHz
- Channel balance : 1.5dB max. at 1kHz
- Channel separation : >20dB min. at 1kHz
- Sensitivity : 3.5mV (1 kHz @ 5 cm/s)
- Static compliance : 20 mm/N
- Vertical Tracking Angle : 208
- Load resistance : 47 kOhms
- Load capacitance : 100 – 200 pF
- Internal inductance : 400 mH
- Internal resistance : 410 Ohms
- Cartridge weight : 6.9g
- Fixing centres : 0.5in (12.7mm)
- Playing weight : 1.5g – 2.5g (2.0g recommended)
- Model : E1 E2 E3
- Colour : Red Green Violet
- Cantilever : Carbon Aluminium Aluminium
- Stylus profile : Spherical Spherical Elliptical
- Stylus radius : 0.6 mil 0.6 mil 0.3 x 0.7 mil
Magnetic Duplex Technology
Goldring E Series cartridges feature a special dual magnet arrangement. Magnetic Duplex Technology™ uses two low mass magnets which interact only with their partnering pickup coil, angled at 45 ̊, matching the geometry of the cutting lathe used in the record mastering process. As a result, Goldring E Series cartridges trace the record groove more accurately with better stereo separation and a more accurate, involving and musical soundstage, compared with conventional moving magnet cartridges.
The horizontal tracking angle of the stylus (azimuth) must be parallel to the record for optimum performance. Badly adjusted azimuth causes uneven channel balance and increased crosstalk, severely degrading the stereo soundstage. This is rarely a user adjustable parameter so it is vital that each cartridge leaves the factory with the azimuth precisely set.
Goldring E Series cartridges use a specially designed adjustment screw to locate the cantilever, rather than the standard fixed pin, allowing micro-adjustments during production. This pre-set azimuth means crosstalk is already optimized and the cartridge can be safely installed in a typical turntable with no correction required.